Monday, February 06, 2006

Seahawks Lose!!

What a great night in football. I clearly remember 10 years ago (at the ripe age of 13) when the Steelers lost to Dallas. I wasn’t even a big football fan then. I was probably just peaking with my collection of baseball cards and just starting to understand the ins and outs of football. It’s probably worse to lose two AFC games to the same team in three years. At least 10 years ago they made it to the Superbowl. But at the time I didn’t really understand that aspect. I just remembered being disappointed.

Joe was the first person to call me last night. He congratulated me on joining him in the Superbowl club (reminding me it wasn’t quite 3, but it was a start).

I watched the game with 5 women (2 sisters, 1 sister’s girlfriend, 2 roommates). 2 of them cared somewhat about the game. It actually made for a delightful evening. They chatted among themselves, sometimes asking intelligent questions, usually making inane comments. It made the viewing very light hearted, which was good; if I had watched by myself it would have been much more intense.

I’d like to remind everyone that I put my $10 on the Steelers to win the Superbowl, albeit, not because I really thought they could go all the way, simply out of loyalty. And loyalty has paid off, with my winning the pool. And also I’d like to note my pick of offensive MVP (Hines Ward, I love you). I’m surprised in a game that had 10 points, and 7 of those off a long turnover, that no defensive player stood out. I do think the sometimes questionable Steelers secondary deserves some credit for this.

I don’t really need to talk about the game, there’s plenty of analysis out there. I’m still quite elated. It was a great night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home