Friday, February 10, 2006

Customer Services

Hurray for good customer service! We’ve all had crappy experiences when dealing with customer service reps. over the phone but in the past two weeks, two companies win awards from me for great customer service.

Wachovia – I had a problem with my ConEdison online bill pay. When the woman said there was nothing she could do herself she went ahead and conference called ConEd so that we were both talking to their rep. to make sure the payment was notated. I feel a little bad for the ConEd woman getting double teamed, but it was very efficient. Wachovia is a great bank; they really look out for you.

Verizon – Now Verizon is known for their customer disservice. When I call Verizon I’ve learned to free up at least an hour in order to get through the 8 transfers till I’m talking to the right person (who usually doesn’t help much). But, the other day I must have had some woman who just didn’t care any more and was in a helpful mood. Not only did she resend I packing slip so I could avoid a $100 bill, but she also cancelled my $40 payment. I had never been able to use the DSL I ordered so I shouldn’t have had to pay, but I was expecting more of a fight.

Since I do customer service all day, I know that good costumer service means the customer got what they wanted. And these two cases I got what I wanted. And that’s what really matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home